Internet has grown in an incredible way in the last few decades. A rate that has been unprecedented in the history of business. No other product or industry has been adopted by so many people at such a fast clip. Here is a very interesting Infographic that gives the a good overview of the growth in internet since 1984.
It took the automobile nearly 130 years to break a billion units, and even after 95 years of a more-or-less constant love affair with television, today’s world has just under 1.5 billion television sets. Planned obsolescence and technological evolution notwithstanding, those numbers remain surprising when compared to the Web usage of 2.7 billion folks who use the Internet every single day(many of them for at least three hours at a time and on a variety of devices). And by 2020, says at least one leading technology expert, literally everyone will be online.
Here is the Infographic.
Related articles from external sites
- The internet: 1969 to 2013, then and now (infographic)
- 7 Socking Stats and Trends About The Internet (Infographic)
- Class Notes: Infographics and Data-Driven Journalism
- These 5 countries were ranked best for privacy (infographic)
- Internet and technology: A history of growth (1984-2013)
- Infographic: The Incredible Growth of Web Usage [1984-2013]